in the spotlight
Volume 23/Issue 6/2005
6th Gay Easter Parade Rolls through the Quarter Easter Sunday
The 6th annual Official New Orleans Gay Easter Parade, presented by Ambush Mag and Queen Fashions, will roll through the French Quarter on Easter Sunday, March 27, 4:30pm. Led by Easter Grand Marshals VI James Swire and Lisa Beaumann, the parade promises to showcase the culture, color and creativity of the GLBT community. All proceeds minus expenses benefits Food For Friends. Events and sponsorships this year will enable the Gay Easter Parade to donate well over $5,000 to the charity this year. Sponsorships are still being accepted. (E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504.522.8049 to make a sponsorship donation.)
This is the first year that the parade will pass in front of all gay bars in the Quarter. The parade kicks off on N. Rampart St. at Dumaine, traveling down St. Ann to Bourbon, Bourbon to Esplanade, Esplanade to Royal, Royal to St. Louis and St. Louis to N. Rampart ending at St. Ann.
Easter Sunday lineup includes:
• Pre-Gay Easter Parade Party & Buffet, 3:30pm, Starlight By The Park, 834 N. Rampart St. (All parade participants must check in between 3:30 and 4pm. Participants will be issued a placement ticket which they must have in order to be in the Gay Easter Parade.);
• Gay Easter Parade Lineup, 4pm, Board Carriages & Lineup of Motorcycles, Cars & Trucks, N. Rampart at Dumaine;
• 6th Annual Official Gay Easter Parade, 4:30pm, N. Rampart at St. Ann;
• Post-Gay Easter Parade Party & Buffet, 6pm, Queen's Head Pub, 740 Dauphine (above Good Friends Bar).
The high profile personalities of past Easter Grand Marshals have helped make the parade what it has become today including EGMs V Brett Messmer & Princesse Stephaney, EGMs IV George Simons & Electra City, EGMs III Timm Holt & Teryl-Lynn Foxx, EGMs II Larry Bagneris & the late Miss Do Moreland, and EGMs I Rip & Marsha Naquin-Delain.
Special thanks to all official parade sponsors including:
• Platinum $1,000 • Electra City & Tittie Toulouse, Cowpokes, Double Play, 4 Seasons, Rip & Marsha Naquin-Delain, Whiz Magazine;
• Gold $500 • Phoenix, Pride Specialty, Quartermaster: The Nellie Deli;
• Silver $250 • Zach Camardelle & Starr Daniels, Jay Cooper & Gizelle Bouvier, Corner Pocket, Golden Lantern, Graham Studio One, Oz New Orleans, Queen's Head Pub/Good Friends Bar, Starlight, Paul VanGeffen;
• Bronze $100 • Craig Austin, Paul Davis & Tami Tarmac, Andy & Phyllis Denmark, King Cake Queen Royalty Club, Krewe of Mwindo, Doc Reed.
The current Board of Directors oversee all activities and events associated with the parade and includes Rip & Marsha Naquin-Delain, and Electra City & Tittie Toulouse. Visit GayEasterParade.COM for more information.
Back to Ambush Mag
Brought to you by
Over 375,000 Unique Visitors Per Month
Independently verified by reports generated through Web Trends
Copyright © Ambush, Inc. All Rights Reserved ®
828-A Bourbon Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116-3137, USA