Stuck at home and missing your favorite restaurants and gathering places? If you’re looking for something to do while you stay home, consider accessing some of my personal favorite websites and podcasts I’ve listed below.
You should be able to just click each link. I’ve checked them all personally a minute before submitting this, so I know they are all active on a daily basis, all with multiple blog posts or every day.
Free and Interesting Websites and Online Opportunities
- LGBTSR Aged to Perfection This appears to be geared toward seniors. However, it’s actually a collection of sites with free e-books and interesting news stories that might not have been noticed. It’s free, it’s fun!
- The Gaily Grind LGBTQ news, fun facts, and serious reading.
- Outsports A voice for LGBT Athletes.
- New Now Next Current events and LGBT New, Entertainment & Culture.
AND… Don’t forget PODCASTS!
Podcasts are wonderful. They move with you as you walk or run and sit with you as you enjoy nature during this (or any other) time going forward. I’m sharing two of my personal favorites, but there are literally thousands out there and they’re free!
- The New Yorker Radio Hour From the New Yorker Magazine and quite wonderful.
- On Being Includes topics of meaning and being. It’s a bit more on the philosophical and spiritual side. Several amazing interviews and historical pieces are included regularly.
Please stay safe and vigilant and please respect the parameters given to us statewide and nationally.
Keep busy when you can, go outside, walk, and rest when you need to. And keep your mind active with something.