The Hotel Cazan is delighted to announce that it will host Mamou, Louisiana’s first-ever PRIDE festival on June 17 & 18. The event will kick off with a media-only mixer from 3:30–5:30 at Cazan’s inside the hotel where attendees will have the opportunity to meet with and interview festival participants, including:
- Players and coaches from Bayou Storm Surge, the women’s football league team based in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Kathleen Conlon and other representatives from the LGBT+ Archives Project of Louisiana
- Misti Gaither, host of Lez Talk About It and The Thin Veil Project
- Singer/Songwriter Zach Cox
- Artist Revina Amos and a showing of her “Abstract Hands” exhibit will be viewable in the Hotel Cazan lobby on June 17. All proceeds from art sales will go towards Poverty on Trial, the case of Vernell Chatman.
- The Big Easy Sisters of New Orleans will also be in attendance on Saturday
- A variety of presenters, vendors, and more.
The official charity of Mamou Pride is the LGBT+ Archives Project of Louisiana.
For any additional questions, or to set up interviews with Hotel Cazan owner Valerie Cahill, please call or text 504-427-3641.